Monday, March 21, 2011

Staples (Part 1)

So I always told myself, 'when I leave Staples, everyone needs to know all the dirt on the shitty, low down stuff that goes on there'. But truly, to be honest, nothing really THAT gross happens in the day to day. Crappy customers are expected, that is just something you have to deal with in retail. But there are a few things that sucked about Staples and looking back, would make me very wary of working there for an extended period of time.

For Example:
The promotion system is totally flawed. And this is not because they don't know it is flawed. It's just because they are crooked. When you go in to get a job at Staples, they will promise you the world. "Oh yeah, I started where you are and now I am GM of the store or assistant manager of the store." Lies. At Staples, you put in your time, thats how you move up. Doesn't matter how good you are, you put in your time. And I am not talking about a year or so. Yeah, you may get the occasional 5-8 cent raise, but we are talking 4 years before anything significant. I had worked there for 4 years and was no where close to becoming a manager or even an assistant manager, OR even the lead of a department. They had a huge change in policy where basically, your job is on the line if you do not preform to Staples new standards. 8 peoples jobs are on the line right now for a 15 CENT raise. I don't think I need to go into any detail about how fucked up that is.

Anyway, When I get more motivation to finish this I will. Probably make it a series type of thing. This time I just sat down and went at it so I didn't really have a plan. Back with more though soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment